Re: Off Topic: Internet history kill software

Nate,

>I had been considering asking my girlfriend to marry
>me and, knowing nothing about diamonds, did a yahoo
>search for "diamonds" - "engagement rings" - etc. I
>erased my cookies in an attempt to cover my tracks

If you have an account on Yahoo, then yahoo keeps info about you
on their server.  The cookie is used just to identify you.  If you
"logged in" to Yahoo before doing a search, it's too late.  If you
didn't log in, then I don't think you managed to erase all your
cookies.

Here's what I do:

Clear the browser cache (memory and file) and shut down the browser.
Delete the cookies.
Go to Windows Start -> Settings -> TaskBar -> Advanced and click the
"clear" button to remove records of recently accessed files.

That does the trick for me.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com