Re: CBOT woes

I need some help with TS 4. For those on the DTN IQFeed/Dynastore NG on Yahoo,
this is not totally new. I'm running TS4, bld. 23, W2k SP2, PIII 500, 512M,
using Road Runner through a LinkSys DSL Router. Attglobal is my backup ISP. IE
6.0.26 is my main browser, although I use NS 6.2.1 for mail and NG's. I
uninstalled Black Ice and disabled Norton AV. I have MS Office 97 and other apps
but no games.

I was with eSignal/Dynastore until June when I switched to DTN IQfeed/Dynastore.
Without going into detail on the problems I had with the setup, I'll just say
that I never was able to get the CBOT futures to come in correctly. The CME with
the emini's and others came in fine. The grains, however, would come in with
only two digits: Corn would be 25^1 instead of 255^1. TY's and Bonds would come
in all over the place: 10605^16 or 1065^16 or -9653^1 or 496^22 instead of
106^05. I never thought I would see W2k crash so much. Last week, I would stop
IQFeed, go into TS server, delete the bad ticks, restart IQFeed and the ticks
would start coming in correctly. This week that doesn't work. The ticks come in
off scale, no matter how many times I go through this procedure. DTN made some
changes to IQFeed, DB found some bugs in Dynastore but, still, bad ticks. So, I
looked outside Dynastore & DTN. I reinstalled TS, beginning with Bld. 18 CD,
then Blds. 21 & 23 (I haven't gone to Bld. 27 yet). Then I deleted the 40Sig.idx
ect. files and let TS rebuild. Then I reinstalled Win2k, SP2 that I had d/l'd
from MS(not the orginal CD). SameO, sameO.

Then, things got even more weird. Wednesday, 7/31, I abandoned DTN, went back to
eSignal, d/l'd and pasted in history and everything looked great! Yesterday,
Thursday, 8/1, the ticks continued to come in bad. In the evening, I d/l'd and
pasted in yesterday's history and here comes the weird part. The charts on all
the grains showed the bad data for 7/31 except the 1 minute chart.  The 20
min,60 min and daily charts all showed 7/31 with two digits instead of three.
8/1 and all the other dates plotted correctly. The server has the correct data
in it, it just won't plot! The data window shows the data that is plotted. I
deleted and re-created some workspaces to no avail. And, of course, today even
the 1 min chart is screwed up as well, since the data is coming in with only two
digits.

So, now it looks like the mis-scaling isn't a DTN or Dynastore problem, but a TS
or Win2k  one. Maybe one of those two inflicted some trauma on TS and/or Win2k
and maybe the problem I started out with isn't the one I have now. I have not
searched TRAD's FAQ or Knowledge Base. I'm hoping someone out there has "been
there, done that" and can offer a solution.

Grasping at straws, there is a possibility that my ATI RagePro video chip on the
MoBo is going bad. The monitor, a Sony F520, will go black for an instance, come
back on, flicker and then stabilize. It does this several times a day. I've
ruled out the monitor (it passed the self check), video and power cables and
power source. Win2k says the video chip is operating normally. If it is bad,
could this impact TS or W2k? If anyone knows how to disable the on board chip
and substitute a separate card, I guess that is my next thing to try.

TIA

Sherrill Styers