Re: changes to Privacy Statement at traders2traders.com

Colin,

In a nutshell IMHO, it is NOT a good idea, for the
following reasons:

1. The reasons you gave for attracting folks on this
list to participate in building up the site is to
enable us have a site from which we can share, not
where we are going to be exposed to commercials.

2. Contributors of data, literature, codes, e.t.c. did
it to encourage others cut down on their needs or
learning curves, not to serve as the back on which
commercial interests will ride.

3. Once you allow commercials, you have to agree to
some conditions, because they will end up paying you,
whether for good or bad. To that extent, there is no
way you can control how far it will go.

4. Commercials can be very distracting, and sometimes
border on the ridiculous. Some of them even serve as
hidden links to porn sites that open other browser
windows without being invited to, for instance, and
you really can't control that, can you?

5. If I want commercials related to trading, I have
zillion+1 places to visit, not traders2traders.com

6. I do not see the benefit commercial elements will
serve here. Instead, open another site for that
purpose, if necessary mixed with stuff on trading, and
let such a site fly on it's own.

7. Personally I'll be very disgusted as soon as you
allow commercials. I will still patronize the place
because some of the stuff there are unique, but only
until I can find alternatives; and I can assure you,
such alternatives will spring up.

8. Your idea of allowing commercials here has the
potential of turning off some contributors to other
share ideas that may be muted in the future. At least,
it is capable nof making some people suspicious of the
ultimate motive.

Personally, I just don't like changing the premises or
rules in the middle of a game. Meanwhile, thanks a
great deal, Colin, for putting together and hosting
traders2traders.com, it's been tremendously useful!

Regards,

Ola.