RE: HELP Data Co-op - or - Historical Data Archives

When it comes to public dissemination of data you have
to be careful because of the licensing agreement we
all sign with the providers and the exchanges.  As a
friend of mine found out, the data is proprietary by
the provider (dbc, dtn, etc) and the exchanges.  The
providers pay $$$ to exchange to disseminate it real
time and historically.  In fact, it says in the
exchange agreement you sign that you agree to use data
for yourself or give it only your employees.

A friend of mine wanted to do something like this a
year or so ago but then canceled the plans after
reading the exchnage data agreement and the agreement
he signed with his provider.  Basically you agree not
to dessiminate it real time or otherwise.

If it stays small you might be able to keep off the
radar but if it gets too big then I'd be leary.

Now if you can figure out a way to make us all your
employees, sign me up. :)

Good luck.