Re: TRAD Stock Slides further

that's what they need now more than anything.
with under a buck a share i'd buy them in a heartbeat
if i were Bear Sterns... so i see something on the
horizon. :) and who knows who's selling and for what...

however consider this, the system trading market is still very small...
there is probably less than 10 systematic traders per every 100 descretionary,
ie 90% are still methodology traders. but even at those number TS can
survive off those system traders...
the reason is it's hard to develop a good system...
however the future of trading is in systems...

take a look for example at there CNBC adds, they are geared toward
systematic traders only... where if you visit a typical trading shop and talk
to traders, they typically frown on trading fully mechanical systems.
 typically you hear from experienced traders: systems are  too stiff, need to be flexible, systems only
only work on paper and in the past, are hard to code ....
and you hear from newbies: TS is too hard to use, i need to know programming...
all of those are basically valid points  considering again that systems are hard
to code a good one , so at the end the majority of experienced and new traders
say thank you but no thank you... and they choose a less sophisticated platform...

it might be a good idea for trad  to develop a decent system and
go partially proprietary ie. go manage money... i bet they'd be
making more that way instead of depending only on  systematic traders...

that or tilting the marketing toward not only systematic but desc. traders
is also the solution...

other option is going 100% proprietary...( least expected )

yet another one is to keep adding features to the platform... they badly
need a good scanner because scanners are what pros use nowadays
( scanners are basically half ass systems )

in any case they have several options to pursue here if they are smart...

bilo.
ps. i wonder how much $ would it take to take em over...
they've done to lot to stay afloat: data on demand, routing executions, etc...
i mean they got some value...