Re: Re[2]: Windows 2000 v's NT4.0 SP 5 for 2000i

I agree with Si...using a separate machine for TradeStation along with
perhaps an email program (not your main, everyday one) is just one more
level of insurance protection against TS2K problems.

Even though new machines are priced at near historic lows, may I suggest
another site: www.compgeeks.com. They usually have a number of HPs for sale
listed as "refurbished". I bought one last Fall just to use with
TradeStation and have recommended the site to a number of friends and
associates here in Las Vegas. Every machine I've seen is "as new" and comes
out of the box at 100%.  The Geeks provide warranty and tech support but
these are about the simplest machines I've seen to work on (as in adding ram
or a larger hard disk). Most of them come with the latest iteration of
Celeron processors...that should not be a problem. I ran TS 4.0 on WIN 98
and then WIN2K when I upgraded to TS2K...and that was with a 336mhz Celeron
on a NEC that I owned!

    As Gary mentioned, I happen to be one of the few folks out here who have
not experienced problems with TS2K. When I say no problems, I don't mean
minor hassles everyone has whatever version of TS they have. But never a
problem with the day to day operation of TS from using it with WIN 98,
WIN2K, or now WIN XP Pro, always with several apps open and my normal
retinue of 10 or so workspaces and 30 or so futures charts running. If I had
any idea what I might be doing different that has resulted in this record of
"good luck" I would be more than happy to share it.

    I did get the TS only computer to forestall any probs since now I run a
market-related internet radio station during market hours as well as mIRC
and everything else under the sun it seems. It's the same reason we
installed a DSL line in addition to our cable modem. Cheap insurance for
this type of business.

    Anyways, I would recommend a 2nd computer for TS as a possible solution
to these problems folks have with TS.

Jim