Re[2]: Windows 2000 v's NT4.0 SP 5 for 2000i

Hello ztrader,

I recently started using TS2k after a 3 year hiatus because I finally
got Win2k installed on my machine.  After two weeks it seems to be
fine.  Never reboot, no crashes, no gremlins. I track approx 100
symbols rt.

--
Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saturday, March 23, 2002, 1:06:43 AM, you wrote:

z> On Friday, March 22, 2002, 8:31:10 PM, Zoran Gayer wrote:

ZG>> I am told that 2000i runs like a dream on NT4.0 with no crashes
ZG>> and it does not need the latest fast computers.

z> Actually, it is more like a nightmare. I run TS2k on NT and it crashes
z> all the time - and this is OFF-LINE operation. If I go 2 or 3 days
z> without a crash, I consider myself lucky. I still consider it
z> dangerous for RT operation. TS4 is much more reliable.

ZG>> He also stated that it runs better on service pack 5 than it does
ZG>> on 6.

z> I've run it on SP 4, 5, & 6. It has been terrible on any of them. I
z> was going to go to Win2000 to see if that might be better. :-) From
z> your information, that doesn't sound very good either.

z> ztrader