Re: More Robust OddBall

>Just following up on my last post, here are a few recent quote.com
>numbers for SPX. Obviously that open (and the high or low if it's the
>same) can't be trusted.
>
>3/1/2002	1106.73	1131.78
>3/4/2002	1131.78	1153.84
>3/5/2002	1153.84	1146.14

etc.

I know, yahoo quotes does the same thing.  The data I'm using was
provided to me by a person using a 'clean' source, so the opens reflect
the actual open at the beginning of the U.S. trading day, not the
previous close.

However as you said, the only reliable number there is the close.

I still think there might be some arbitrage opportunity somehow, since
the SPX options *are* based on the calculated index, whether right or
wrong, and the SPY seems to follow its own drummer.

--
 //  \
 //___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com