Re: Poltergeists in TS4

> purely a guess--sort of like checking to see if your "broken" VCR
> is plugged in--check to be sure you're using the same expiration
> month.

Yes, it's the same symbol.

(But why is it flashing "12:00" ??  :-)

I realized that the mystery value of 1533.7 *was* the low for the
bar, until 2 minutes before the bar closed.  In the 11:58 1min bar it
dipped below that, and on the 11:59 bar it got to 1132.1, which was
the low for the 30min bar.

His PC clock is running fast.  I suspect something was screwy in the
way TS4 handled the close of the bar.  Even though his chart shows
1132.1 as the low for the 30min bar, and that **SHOULD** have been
the Low that the system code saw, I think in realtime execution it
actually closed out the bar a few minutes early and used the wrong
value of Low.  I.e. the chart was built using the Quote.com timestamp
and the system execution bar was built using the PC timestamp, or
something like that.  Screwy.

And in fact we just wached the close of the 2:00 ET bar, which popped
a new high in the last few seconds of the bar, and exactly the same
thing happened, as I expected now that I understood what was
happening.

So that explains the second problem.  I don't think the same thing
could explain the first problem (where no signal got generated at
all), but I'll see if I can explain it that way.

Gary