Re: MB translator

John:

Thanks.

As I replied to Craig . . . I have the delayed futures
feed, but they sent me the D8000 box, but my
understanding is it's not a velocity box . . . but my
box looks EXACTLY like the image on the installation
guide book for DTN D8000 series . . . you know, Mark's
contact Cris at the CommodityShop is suppossed to know
what needs to be ordered from DTN for the "Mark Brown
Deal" - - - you would expect this to be a
straightforward deal ?

A sticker on the side of my box says "4.3 Instant".
The LC display shows version 2.06.01.   I did have
some confusion setting everything up initially as I
was getting no indexes on my feed (how the heck can
you run OddBall without Adv. issues NYSE); had to call
and get it added through Cris - DTN balked and wanted
$10 per month more for indexes - said indexes only can
come real time and I had to be enrolled as "color
quote pass through" in order to get indices . . . what
do you think ?

It's really weird the INDU index in GS shows
collecting ticks, but all other indexes show nothing.
Also, INDU shows daily data back to like 1902 - I
guess it was already present in service pack 5 or
something ? DTN Chameleon shows ticks coming in OK for
all the index symbols I tested . . .

By the way, do you know where in Windows 2000 registry
to find "run" or "runservices" ? I used edit>find and
nothing comes up in regedit32.

I need to add an application that would load on
Win2000 boot up to constantly check and restart GS if
it fails unexpectedly.

About DTN symbol portfolio:

DTN has CALC and STATS type of exchange for indexes.

CALC has price scale as 1/1000 and minimum movement
100 but STATS has price scale: as is and minimum
movement of 1.0000.  I have a bunch of symbols listed
as UNDEFINED, which I assume I need to make either
STATS or CALC ?  How to discover which way to go ?

I see that even the most current translator.mdb file
from omega.ftp does not contain the new DTN symbology
for TS users that directly effects importing
historical data (some other data feed source than DTN)
in case you have downtime and need to refresh your
data. Advancing issues NYSE, DECL issues, etc. still
has a big nothing in the boxes in translator file for
DTN. DTN techs sent me a fax with correct symbols but
I don't have newest MS Access to modify that file
safely.

I have newest or_dtn32.dll file loaded.

Do you have any idea the significance of perfmon.dat
file of 7 bytes ?

Shadow

--- John Mc Kenzie <intruderjohn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     You didn't ask,  BUT,  with your probs
>
> This is what I have  - - never used or looked at it.
> Trade Well & Smart,
> John
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-zip-compressed
name=translator.zip