RE: TS vs. Internet Connectivity

Colin,

You and I both agree but the problem identification still remains. It is
ignorant to blame the order entry problem on TRAD when the problem is with
one's own connection.

When a data feed/ order entry problem occurs with TS6, then:

A) look at the ping results. If it isn't pinging, it isn't TRAD's problem.
B) if it is pinging, open a browser. If you cannot, it isn't TRAD's problem,
it's your ISP.
C) if it is pinging and you can open a browser, do a TRACERT to trace the
route of the connection. If that times out somewhere along the way BEFORE it
gets to TRAD's routers and servers, it isn't TRAD's problem.
D) if the TRACERT fails IN TRAD's servers/ routers, it *IS* TRAD's problem.

So, just because an order fails or a data feed stops because of "connection"
problems, we cannot quickly blame TRAD because there are several failure
points along the way. Of course, when the problem (D) IS with TRAD, then we
should blame TRAD, broadcast it, contract TRAD, and broadcast it if you
must.

Sincerely,
Wes Williams