Re: CL_DTN dll I instructions

Rebooting the receiver solved my problems. The system appears to be running
correctly now. You don't need the dll from Omega, but it doesn't appear to
change anything for the worse and hopefully Omega will come out with the
correct dll before long. Give them a break, they've only had since August
to fix this and they had other things more important to do, like learning
to be a broker.

It would have helped enormously if Omega had left a note on their ftp site
explaining the disappearance of the dll. It would have been nice if Omega
had done the project on time and if not, they should have advised us here
on this list. I wonder what traders using DTN but not on this list will do
to prepare for Monday. Together we worked it out for them and I for one am
proud to be a beta tester. Thanks to everyone who helped on this project.

The prize goes to "Shadowover BillCruz" who had the closest instructions
from the start. Here's a big <kiss>

Here's what I did:

1.  export all data from GlobalServer to "Export.xpo" and shut down server

2.  use Regedit to modify:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\OMEGARESEARCH\TRADESTATION
    BY OMEGA RESEARCH\CHART

    change "RequestTimeOut" (double click) to "500" and "Decimal"
    (these values will be "1f4" and "Hexadecimal" when you revisit)

3.  rename c:\tradestation\server\PDS to c:\tradestation\server\OLDpds

4.  start GlobalServer offline and import "Export.xpo"
    (new c:\tradestation\server\PDS is created)

5.  open the charting application
    (all worksheets and charts came up fine on my system)

6.  shut everything down, reboot the computer

7.  reboot the DTN receiver
    (Exit/Menu-Next-F2 unplug/plug back in)

8.  start GlobalServer online and start the charting ap
    (stir and wait for Monday)

I think that's everything, in eight EASY steps. I guess what all this does
is make GlobalServer slow down enough to absorb the deluge of data from the
new feed without barfing. It still can't read all the new fields until
Omega finishes the new dll, but at least it doesn't crash. The data files
have to be created with the new fields thus the export/import cycle to make
them compatible. Or, something like that.