[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Optimizing

Take any reasonably volatile chart.
Look for one of those price jumps that gives fantastic system backtest
results, if you happen to be on the right side of the trade at the
time.
Run your optimization on this data set.

Notice how the optimization results tailors itself to fit this single
profitable trade?  Would you have been able to trade this unusual
event profitably, considering a very likely horrendous price slippage?
 Is this pattern likely to return in the future, or was it a one-off
event?

Price action and its complex fundamental circumstances, change from
chart to chart, as well as within each chart.

Optimizing/curve-fitting (and Neural processing on the wrong data set)
in reality, is just plain old fool's gold.

jose '-)
http://users.bigpond.com/prominex/pegasus.htm