Re: [Metastockusers] leads / lags

A way to do this, is to  make the close of IBM into and
indicator and use the REF function to reference back in time.  To do this
you must have v8.01 or higher of the EOD program or any version of the
Professional because you  use the Security function.   Versions
prior to v8.01 EOD should  work using the "P" variable but it is much more
complicated.

Build an indicator, for example call it IBM LEAD
The formula would be:

leadbars:=160;  { this is the number of days backward in
time you want to reference to, i.e 8 months x 20 days}

IBMlead:=REF(Security("C:\MetastockData\xxx\IBM",
C),-leadbars);  {put in the full path name where IBM is
located}
IBMlead

Then plot IBMlead as an indicator on the MSFT
chart.

You will have to be sure to open more than 160 days of data
for the indicator to display anything.

Your indicator will show the closing price of IBM the number
of days back that you specify on the same bar as the current price of
MSFT.

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE