RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: exporting codes

<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Andrew:
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
By building the list
in notepad, do you mean manually building the list one at a
time?
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>Lionel

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Andrew Tomlinson
[mailto:andrew_tomlinson@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004
12:41 PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: exporting
codesActually you can create your own custom
industry groups and import them. Idid it by building the symbol list in
Notepad and saving it as a .sym file.The methodology is described in pp60ff
of the most recent manual. The onlyhassle with this method is that you are
crating another level of duplicationof securities in downloader (in my
current setup most stock prices are beingdownloaded 2 or even three times -
not the most efficient process!). Andrew-----Original
Message-----From: hmliu [mailto:l3intelligence@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday,
May 24, 2004 11:38 AMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: exporting codesI assume u r trying to
setup/create securities file from you spreadsheet to your metastock..and
group them according to your industry group u have created.This is
not possible using the downloader as is unless you buy a third party add-on
software to do this. However, the new metastock ver 9 and the data cd
creates those security files and group them into their industry group.
But you do have to follow the industry group Reuters created, not your
own..hml --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brett
Noble" <brett73noble@xxxx> wrote:> g,day all, I currently have
all stock codes within various groupswithin > excell.I am trying to
export them directly into my favorites folderwithin > metastock. the
codes are in the A column. Is this possible? I,mpresuming i > have to
use the downloader, but have very little experince withthis. i have >
been trying to find it within both manuals, but am unable to workout how to
> do it into the favorites folder. any help would be
greatlyappreciated. > cheers Brett> >
Origin SMS footy trivia to win $5k. Go to   > <A
href="">http://mobilecentral.ninemsn.com.au/mcheadtohead/home.aspxYahoo!
Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor