From: "David" <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>junk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <<A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 9:34 PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group]
Optimizing
<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>> I thought I would post something that has been rattling me
lately.  > What is the consensus about optimizing systems for
individual > securities?  I tended to stay away from this practice
as it seems > more ideal to find a system that performs better across
entirely > different markets and securities, because the average is
probably the > most consistent.  However, backtesting seems to show
that it is > possible to show consistent results when optimizing for
individual > securities.  I would assume that individual securities
do contain a > certain element that makes them perform similarily over
time.  When > looking at GBP/USD it is obvious to see that this pair
trends in a > different way then does USD/JPY.  So I'd like to know
some other > opinions on what people think of individually
optimizing.> > Best Regards,> David> >
face=Verdana size=2>> > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
to:>      <A
href=""><FONT face=Verdana
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT face=Verdana
size=2>>  > >