Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Optimizing

The trend will happen in opposite directions because the US dollar is secondary in GBP/USD and primary in USD/JPY.David <junk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought I would post something that has been rattling me lately.  What is the consensus about optimizing systems for individual securities?  I tended to stay away from this practice as it seems more ideal to find a system that performs better across entirely different markets and securities, because the average is probably the most consistent.  However, backtesting seems to show that it is possible to show consistent results when optimizing for individual securities.  I would assume that individual securities do contain a certain element that makes them perform similarily over time.  When looking at GBP/USD it is obvious to see that this pair trends in a different way then does USD/JPY.  So I'd like to know some other opinions on what people think of individually optimizing.Best
 Regards,David

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor