RE: [Metastockusers] Re: yahoo's data to metastock?

can we download
Yahoo data without having the security symbols already listed in a
folder?

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Harry M. Ward
[mailto:hmw3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 5:24
PMTo: Metastockusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[Metastockusers] Re: yahoo's data to metastock?On 23
May 2004 16:46:40 -0000, tradetofreedom wrote:>>I'm using
Reuters stock data (index not included). Now I want to do >>some
comparative relative strength calculations and obviously I need >>the
index data.>>You can find a lot of data from yahoo. I would like to
import >>yahoo's S&P500 data to metastock. How can this be
done?Yes you can. You can download Yahoo's historical data in ASCII
format.Then you can use the Convert command in your Downloader to convert
toMetastock format. Just make sure you have your dates set correctly,and
follow the Downloader instructions; especially the ASCII SourceFile
Layout.Harry

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Metastockusers/