  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 12:12
  PM
  Subject: bad order fill
  I've been with the same
  broker for over three years now, and he has been great. However, on
  Friday I had a problem with a limit order, and I would like advice on how to
  go about dealing with it. I had a limit order going long, and the price
  according to e-signal fell below my limit order by one full tick which should
  guarantee a fill. However, when I called my broker to confirm a fill and
  to place a sell order for a quick modest profit, he checked with the floor and
  was told that I was not filled and that the prices did not fall below my limit
  order ... the floor told my broker that it was a bad tic and they were going
  to pull it.  (keep in mind I am day trading the Dow, and this all
  happened within five minutes or less).  I trust my broker, but I am not
  sure about the guys on the floor.  While I was on the phone waiting to
  confirm if I had a fill, the prices dropped back down and I was finally filled
  the second time around, but now the prices were moving against me and I took a
  small loss.  This was a play that was suppose to give me a quick modest
  profit but had a loss instead.  On top of that, I didn't get filled at my
  limit as my broker told me I had on the phone. I just reviewed my
  statement, and I was filled one full tick better than my order which is very
  unusual.  I am not complaining about the better fill, but it just makes
  me more suspicious.  I would like to have my broker look into this for me
  without spoiling our relationship.  I am thinking about having him find
  out who was on the other side of the trades.  Do you guys think that
  would be helpful info? I also want him to confirm for me that it was a
  bad tick, and they truly were not able to fill my order the first time
  around.  How much can I find out and trust through my broker without a
  formal investigation? Any advice on how I should go about dealing with this
  would be appreciate it.  -Sonny-