Re: bad order fill

I have a few comments:

1. you are not guaranteed a fill even if the price shortly falls under
your LIMIT price. It still requires that someone wants to take the
other side of your trade.

2. It sounds like you're trading futures, and it is my understanding
that the quotes don't necessarily represent trades, sometimes it's just
bid's and asks. Remember that the quotes from the pits are being typed
in by some clerk based on what he hears in the pits. He will not always
be able to tell if a trade took place of if a bid/ask was put out.

3. you should consider trading the e-mini's since they have ONE limit
book and your chances of fills are much higher in situations like
yours.

You probably don't have a case against your broker, imo.

Hope this helps

Allan

Good info Allan ... thanks.  I really don't want to develop a case against my broker or anyone else on the floor.  But just want to make sure that I wasn't taken.  I''ve been actively day trading for three years and haven't had such a problem.  My broker has excellent representation on the floor, so I've always been happy with my fills.  So all this is new territory for me.  Allan, do you think finding out who was on the other end of the trade would help me in anyway?  Thank,  Sonny