Re: bad order fill

Sonny

I experienced a similar problem with a fill on a stop order once. I
truly felt I was taken. I ended up getting the time and sales report
and could then verify that very few trades had happened close to my
stop and that my fill, while bad, probably was the best the broker
(Lind Waldock) could do. I ended up not taking it any further

The CME offers detailed time and sale info for free download. I don't
know if the CBOT does the same. Alternatively, you should be able to
get all ticks for the last few days from your real-time data provider
and do a comparison. I don't get futures, other than the eminis, so I
cannot help with the actual data (I trade stocks now)

That's the best plan of attack I can think of.

Allan

--- Sonnysark@xxxxxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 09/22/2001 12:24:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> havemose@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>

> > I have a few comments:
> >
> > 1. you are not guaranteed a fill even if the price shortly falls
> under
> > your LIMIT price. It still requires that someone wants to take the
> > other side of your trade.
> >
> > 2. It sounds like you're trading futures, and it is my
> understanding
> > that the quotes don't necessarily represent trades, sometimes it's
> just
> > bid's and asks. Remember that the quotes from the pits are being
> typed
> > in by some clerk based on what he hears in the pits. He will not
> always
> > be able to tell if a trade took place of if a bid/ask was put out.
> >
> > 3. you should consider trading the e-mini's since they have ONE
> limit
> > book and your chances of fills are much higher in situations like
> > yours.
> >
> > You probably don't have a case against your broker, imo.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Allan
> >

> Good info Allan ... thanks.  I really don't want to develop a case
> against my
> broker or anyone else on the floor.  But just want to make sure that
> I wasn't
> taken.  I''ve been actively day trading for three years and haven't
> had such
> a problem.  My broker has excellent representation on the floor, so
> I've
> always been happy with my fills.  So all this is new territory for
> me.
> Allan, do you think finding out who was on the other end of the trade
> would
> help me in anyway?  Thank,  Sonny

=====
---