Re: Hi from a newcomer

CMA,

You can check out TC2000 at: http://www.tc2000.com/

Their "Pro" service cost about $2.00/trading day. The exact cost depends
on how much you send them in advance to take advantage of their
discounts.  They send you stocks, funds, indexes, and industry groups.

I like them too because they send you a quarterly CD ROM on ALL stocks
etc,  for the last 10 years, then the daily updates bring you current
from the last quarter.  You can easily follow only those stocks of
interest.  Thus, 10 years of 10,000 stocks are always available on CD,
but your HD will only have the one's you're following.

They furnish a fast program which will quickly convert the stocks you're
following every day into MS format.  (You can also use the MS
Downloader, but the TC2000 program is much faster.)  It's also easy to
add, or delete stocks of interest on a daily basis.  That is, if you
suddenly want to look at an issue(s), you can pull up ten years of data
within a few minutes.  Worden also offers frequent commentary on stocks
that he finds interesting which I find pretty good.

On the down side: their software is pretty clunky.  (I think it was
written just after the depression.)  Once you get used to it it's not
too bad, and it can be largely ignored if you really only want to send
your data to MS.

One caution: once you send a stock to MS from TC2000, the data will
exist in both places which may or may not cause you a problem with disk
space.

Anyhow, that's my experience with TC2000, and hope that helps your
decision.

Leo