Gold price

waheeb wrote:

> I am testing some MAs and when I add hhv or ref to them they give
> better
> results but I don’t understand which date they referring to. For
> example
> lets say today is Tuesday July 22 and the trading data for this day
> have
> been added to metastock which date are the following formulas
> referring to
> and what is the value they are offering:
>
> hhv(mov(c, 3, S) , 3)
> Ref(Mov(c, 3, S) , 3)
>
> Thanks for your help

Hi Waheeb,
	Your first formula, hhv(mov(c,3,s),3) gives you the highest high value
of a simple 3-period moving average of the close from the last 3
periods, today being day one.
The second formula gives you the value of a simple 3-period mov. average
of the closes into the future, TOMORROW being the first trading day.
Got it?
Regards.

Efrain R Portales
efrain12@xxxxxxxxxxxx