Re: Raff Regression Channels/Andrews Pitchfork

Mike,
It depends what extension the winzip95 has (zip or exe).  If the winzip95 has
an exe extension you only have to double-click on it to install.  Sometimes
an EXE file is self- extracting and you then have to double-click on the
SETUP.EXE file.  My advice is to beware of these shareware programs.  They
usually have bugs in them.  Back in the days of the RLL hard drives, I used a
shareware program to optimize it.  It screwed it up and was never the same;
it had trouble resetting.  With the AOL and Kali95 combination now, I seem to
have this trouble again.

Windows 95 is much more complex now.  A bad program can easily screw up your
Registry.  If you have crashes it means the program is trying to allocate
memory it isn't supposed to.  I have WinZIP95 v6.0 beta 5.  It doesn't have
the "Span Disk" feature.  You either have to get the PKZIP.EXE program or
another program.  Windows 95 is so complex it can be difficult to rebuild
your system even if you have a tape backup; Microsoft never wrote a utility
to build DriveSpace 3 CVF's from a DOS diskette.

I use PKUNZIP/PKZIP (the only shareware I use) or Norton Utilities to unzip
files.

Daniel Martinez

<< i downloaded a program with a .zip after the name. i also downloaded a
 program called winzip95 each on a separate disk.

 i need help from some computer experts.
 what steps do i need to follow to unzip the actual program using winzip95
 ?
 this is my first .zip program i obtained & i am at a loss.

 many thanks for any help or advice