Re: Raff Regression Channels/Andrews Pitchfork

I've tried to read both.

Elliott wave is too subjective for my tastes and abilities.  If you want to
use Elliott, get a software program.  There is an old book, title is "the
profit magic of stock transaction timing" by j.m. hurst, pub prentice-hall
1970. It uses cycles in a meaningful way, you should be able to incorporate
some of the ideas in Metastock.

Shimuzo's book suffers from being a too literal translation of the
Japanese. I'd suggest you start with Nisson's book and there is another one
by I think, Greg Morris of North Systems.

Before you rush out to buy these books, borrow them from a library or look
at them in a bookstore AND try out the candlestick functions in Metastock.
Lionel Issen