RE: IRL Additional Remarks

If you are converting data from an ASCII format to MetaStock using The
DownLoader, the data will be appended to an existing file by use of
symbol match.  If you are using The DownLoader to collect the data then
the data will be appended.

There is also a merge feature in the Windows versions of The DownLoader.
You can merge two existing MetaStock files into one file.  For example,
lets say you have a data file that has data from January 2, 1996 through
today.  You obtain a file that has data for the same symbol that begins
on January 2, 1992 through January 2, 1997.  You can merge those two
files and the resultant file will start on January 2, 1992 and end
today.  This works if the data predates the other data, or post dates
the other data.

Equis Support