RE: Equis noncooperation with data vendors

Malcolm,

We have never not admitted to a "bug" once we are able to verify it is a
"bug".  However, if something occurs on a machine and is not able to be
duplicated on several other machines, it is not always a "bug".  In
fact, it is usually not a "bug" but a configuration or setup problem on
that machine.  In Windows, video is the number one culprit of problems.
Call Microsoft Tech Support and the first thing they will have you do is
restart in VGA mode.  The problem doesn't occur and they will tell you
to use VGA or get a new driver.

Anyway, when you find what you think are "bugs" let us know.  But, give
us details so we can attempt to duplicate them.  If we can do so, or
have other customers reporting the same thing, we will and have admitted
them and fixed them when possible.  You, being a programmer yourself,
know you can't fix what you can't find.

The love/hate comment actually came from your web site.  By the way,
congratulations on your marriage.

Equis Support