Re: Why can't info providers work better with MetaStock?

Dan

Regarding stock splits: Metastock has no way of knowing about a stock
split the Downloader doesn't see so if you're not using the Downloader
to directly collect prices you're going to have to do the adjustments
yourself. The information on adjustments is sent by the data provider to
the Downloader.

Maintaining a second database and the inconvenience of doing manual
adjustments seem to be the price you pay for not using one of the built
in data providers. I use Telescan and get equities, indices, and mutual
funds for $29.95 per month. Plus I only have one database to maintain
and the stocks adjustments are done automatically. Do you really think
the savings are worth it? Maybe so.

John