Re: Economic data

I will be buying the Investor's Reference Library CD-ROM stock price database
which uses the old 256 files per directory format.  It has 5 years of data.
 The new MetaStock v6 directory format is not an issue here.

I have MetaStock v6.  Every single information provider on the Net makes you
maintain their database IN ADDITION TO METASTOCK'S.  I have a 1.6 GB drive
with Microsoft's DriveSpace 3 compression software.  I thought I had plenty
of room.  Now I find I will barely be able to squeeze all the data I want
because of this duplication.  I don't need a second database!  The CD-ROM I
get with MetaStock has 5 years of data.  I can get others with even more.
 Why would I need a second and smaller 2 mos database maintained daily?

Also, many stock price info providers make you MANUALLY go in and change
stock splits and ticker name changes.  If I maintained all US stocks, I would
have to change 15 per day!  Instead of wasting time and effort creating a
technical analysis program, stock price info providers should concentrate on
information and conversion to other technical analysis program databases
only.  You can now get a cheap TA program for $50.  These TA programs are
Windows 95 based and always better than the programs supplied by info
providers.  They specialize in this field.  The only way I can have
everything done automatically is if I use MetaStock's Reuters service.  They
want $35/month.  There is no way I am going to pay $35/month for just US
Stocks end-of-day!

Why is this so complicated???!!