RE: Converting traded stocks list to Excel

First of all it takes a bit of time but it is trivial. the first step is to
record a simple macro. Go to tool,record new macro. The default is macro1. It
can be any name as long as the last character is a digit. Now click options.
Make sure the macro is going tobe visual basic and not excel 4.0. Also make
sure the macro is stored in the current work book. Then click OK (or run),
whatever.

Then go and click on the sheet2 tab at the bottom.

then stop the macro.
Now go to the last sheet. This will be a sheet called module. Here will be your
macro. Now you can see some of the structure of the macro. By running this
macro you can see what it does. The guts of te macro now need to be changed.
The things that you are going to need to do now will be to go to the VB help
file and start looking for stuff that will help.

Some things you will need to do is to "reference a cell". So in the index of te
VB help type cell. Then curser around for referenceing a cell with VB.

You will also need a loop.

The nice thing about the VB help is does have example code that you can copy
and then adjust.

I hope this helps a bit. The VB help file ffor the MS OFfice 95 CD is stored in
the excel subdirectory on the CD. That is if you didn't install it.

Harley Meyer

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:12:46 SLT0 wrote...

>"Harley Meyer"  wrote Mon, 30 Jun 1997,
>
>> Write yourself a macro in Excel that takes the info you want. Volume would
be
>> easy. Open,high low close should also be easy. have your macro place the
info
>> in a row. I do not import data into metastock so someone else will be better
>> suited than I for that part. A bit brief with out all the details but I
can't
>> write the macros for you.
>>

>> On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:50:04 SLT0 wrote...
>> >Hi ! Does any one know how I can get Excel to sort a list of stocks traded
>for
>> >day, like given below, into Open, High, Low, Close,Volume and
>> >therefore be able to convert to Metastock?
>> >
>> >Here is the "trading list". Trades are entered as they happen. I need
>> >to sort these into Open, High, Low, Close,Volume otherwise I will
>> >have to enter into Metastock manually each day.
>> >
>> >Thanks. And have a nice trading day !
>> >
>> >Rifki
>> >
>> >            100 ROYAL CERAMICS                  30.50

>> >            100 ROYAL CERAMICS                  31.00

>> >            400 ROYAL CERAMICS                  31.50

>> >          2,400 ROYAL CERAMICS                  30.50

>> >          2,300 ROYAL CERAMICS                  30.00

>> >            600 ROYAL CERAMICS                  31.00

>> >            400 ROYAL CERAMICS                  31.50

>> >            300 ROYAL CERAMICS                  31.00

>> >          1,000 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  75.00

>> >          2,700 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  76.00

>> >          1,200 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  75.00

>> >            300 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  76.00

>> >          3,600 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  75.00

>> >          6,600 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  76.00

>> >            300 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  75.00

>> >            100 SAMPATH 8/- PP                  75.50

>> >         13,500 SEYLAN BANK                     25.50

>> >         21,000 SEYLAN BANK                     25.25

>> >         11,500 SEYLAN MERCHANT                  5.00

>> >            200 SHAW WALLACE                    25.00
>> >

>> Harley Meyer
>> meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx
>>

>Hello  Harley Meyer
>
>Thanks ! But I figured as much  anyway. (that I  will have to write Macros  to
>get
>Exce lto  do what I want it to ). I do have a small problem though :
>I haven't the foggiest idea on how to go about writing a Macro !
>
>Thanks again
>
>Rifki Sameem.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx