RE: Sponsorship

--- Begin Message ---
To: Harley D Meyer <Harley.D.Meyer-2@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FWD: Re: Metastock to Excel
From: Ed Hancock <ehancock@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 03:46:29 +1000

Harley, Thanks for your interest in my problem.
Assuming you use MSW version 6. Bring up any chart and right
click for Chart Window Properties. Chose Title and Title Bar, now
select "LAST PRICE". This elusive snippet of information
is what I want to OLE over to my Excel spreadsheet.
It will change of course, every time I update my data.
Say I have a portfolio of a dozen or so shares and OLE
the "LAST PRICE" over for each of them. It is now a simple matter
to determine the value of my portfolio each day. Remember,
the "LAST PRICE" will go into one spreadsheet cell. I do
not want the whole contents of the database. Initially I
tried to lassoo the "LAST PRICE" from the Title Bar with
a mouse click. Equis tells me this can't be done.
In the "Functions" list, this is called the "CLOSE". Why
can't I isolate it and use it?
As I mentioned in a prior spiel. Portfolio maintenance is
part and parcel of several other Charting programs - to me
a very important part. Equis dosn't want to know about it.
Again, thanks to you and others for your interest and help
forthcoming.
Regards,

Ed Hancock
Harley Meyer wrote:

> Maybe we need to go back to ground zero and you reexplain what you are trying
> todo. Because from what I hear you asking. SOmeone has given you several
> solutions. So I thing you need to elaborate further on what you are trying
> todo. I think the problem is, is that you are telling us. But for some reason
> we may not be hearing you.
>
> After re reading this post I gather you just want the close for some extended
> period of time. Then create a custom indicator called close. Drag it into the
> security. Then OLE this custom indicator to Excel.
>
> If this doesn't work please re-explain.
>
> Harley
> On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:21:26 +1000,
> Ed Hancock wrote...
> >David Neal Parsons wrote:

> >> If you open up the stock in Downloader, this gives you a spreadsheet
> >> view of all the data for
> >>   that stock.
> >> You can select a single cell or block a range of cells.
> >> Click Edit/Copy.
> >> Shift to your Excel spreadsheet and highlight the cell that is to
> >> receive the data.
> >> Click Edit/Paste.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps,
> >>
> >> David.
> >Thanks for the suggestion David, but this will not help. I need to link
> >the data (closing price) so that it updates daily. What you suggest will
> >only paste over the price for the chosen day.
> >
> >There MUST be a simple solution. Equis?
> >
> >Regards,
> >Ed Hancock
> Harley Meyer