RE: Sponsorship

Maybe we need to go back to ground zero and you reexplain what you are trying
todo. Because from what I hear you asking. SOmeone has given you several
solutions. So I thing you need to elaborate further on what you are trying
todo. I think the problem is, is that you are telling us. But for some reason
we may not be hearing you.

After re reading this post I gather you just want the close for some extended
period of time. Then create a custom indicator called close. Drag it into the
security. Then OLE this custom indicator to Excel.

If this doesn't work please re-explain.

Harley
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:21:26 +1000,
Ed Hancock wrote...
>David Neal Parsons wrote:
>>
>> Ed Hancock wrote:
>> >
>> > Sorry to bring this up again but I am still unable to do what should be
>> > a simple chore.
>> > A want to maintain a portfoleo of shares in Excel with input from
>> > Metastock.
>> >  Other charting programs such as Indexia, Insight Trader and even Omni
>> > Trader have the facility of maintaining one or more portfoleos, but not
>> > good old Metastock. MAYBE the next version (sigh)
>> > All I need from Metastock is the LastPrice that can be chosen on the
>> > title bar (LastPrice, Symbol,etc.. According to Equis this cannot be
>> > OLE'd over to Excel. Why not? I thought this should a simple job for a
>> > programmer. I have tried pick and drop with the mouse but this gets the
>> > whole of the data. I only need the close for the last day.
>> > Any assistance greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Regards to All
>> > Ed Hancock
>>
>> If you open up the stock in Downloader, this gives you a spreadsheet
>> view of all the data for
>>   that stock.
>> You can select a single cell or block a range of cells.
>> Click Edit/Copy.
>> Shift to your Excel spreadsheet and highlight the cell that is to
>> receive the data.
>> Click Edit/Paste.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> David.
>Thanks for the suggestion David, but this will not help. I need to link
>the data (closing price) so that it updates daily. What you suggest will
>only paste over the price for the chosen day.
>
>There MUST be a simple solution. Equis?
>
>Regards,
>Ed Hancock
Harley Meyer