Re: DATEK

>All,
>     I don't usually place a stop loss with my broker because I prefer to
>watch the stocks and place the sell order myself when my stops are hit.
>However, I had meetings today and placed a stop on COMS at 44 3/4 and CSCO
at
>64 3/4.  Both were hit and I sold at the stop prices.  That makes about a
65%
>gain in COMS and a 25% gain in CSCO in a little over a month.  I can't
>complain about that, but I still like the networking stocks and would like
>get back in at a good entry point.  I'm going to reserve some cash for ASND,
>COMS, or CSCO whichever get to a good entry point first.
>     How about Iomega.  Normally, I'd sell covered calls after the way IOM
has
>jumped to the top of the up trend channel in the last few days.  However,
>considering the take over rumors and the fact that the move has been so
strong
>I'm just going to sit tight for a few more days.  Hope I'm not being too
>greedy <G>.
>
>Jim

---------

Jim -

   Good for you that you got 65% on COMS in a month!  I had it twice since
May 9, stopping out last week when it opened at 43, then getting back in
the next day.  The two rides ended up a wash, a 10% profit the first time
and the same ending in today's Stop-Loss.

   I *must* be doing something wrong with my stops, plus it appears that
your Channel Trading is more effective than what I am doing.

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/

Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/

---------