Problems with V 5.11 & Downloader

> Take a look at Agouron Pharmaceuticals.  It broke out yesterday.
> I picked up some at open today for $74.
>
> Agouron recently received FDA approval for a new anti-AIDS drug,
> Viracept.  *Huge* market potential.

Be careful with this one.  The news on the HIV protease inhibitor was in
the stock already.  They had been in Phase II trials for most of last
year and in December it looked like they were going to get FDA
approval.  Once the approval was granted it did make some new highs, but
has been backing off ever since and the recent downtrend appears to be
discounting the possibility of AGPH making another secondary offering.
They recently made a bid for another bio-tech company which will
strengthen their ability to formulate new compounds.

I know this is mostly a technical analysis group, but it is sometimes
worthwhile knowing the background of the company.

> OTOH, no net earnings yet.

Most biotech companies have "no net earnings". ;-)  Look for
partnerships and science and a strong product pipeline dealing with a
demographically important disease if you want to play in this area.
AGPH has all three.

--
Regards,
Dave Zawicki