RE: SNDK?

Take a look at Agouron Pharmaceuticals.  It broke out yesterday.
I picked up some at open today for $74.

Agouron recently received FDA approval for a new anti-AIDS drug,
Viracept.  *Huge* market potential.  OTOH, no net earnings yet.

AGPH has been on a steep uptrend since Dec 95, interrupted only by the
corrections of July 96, and last month.

Short-term, AGPH has been in a downtrend channel since late Feb.  The
channel is defined by the highs of 2/26, 4/14, and 5/5.  The bottom of
the channel is defined by the lows of 3/19 and 4/28.  These two lines
are parallel, and also parallel to the 50-day MA for the last month.
The resistance line was violated once, on 3/14, the day the FDA
approval was announced.  I am ignoring this one, because the stock was
opened high by the Market Makers, then quickly fell back into the
channel.

On 5/9 and 5/13, AGPH refused to head back down to make a new low.
Yesterday (5/15), AGPH broke out of the channel at about 71 1/8, and
climbed to 74, closing at the high of the day.  (last night I put in a
limit order at the bid.)  Today it is trading at 77.

There is still plenty of time to get in.  After a breakout like this,
a stock can climb for a week or two.