SNDK?

Bill,

Lets discuss "file format" first.  The format being mentioned is only
the Smart Chart.  It has nothing to do with the data.  The program will
create a "new" Smart Chart and basically it is telling you that this
Smart Chart will not be available to version 5.x.  So, whenever you want
to view an existing Smart Chart in 6.0 just open it normally.  No
conversion required.

The instructions on the web are correct.

((((Create a composite security of the Advancing Issues + Declining
Issues in The DownLoader
In MetaStock open a chart of the composite and a chart of the Advancing
Issues.
Tile the charts so you can see both of them on the screen.
Drag the plot of the composite into the chart of the Advancing Issues.
[added by Equis Support "You may want to create a new inner window for
ease of viewing"]
Create the custom indicator: mov( C / P, 10, S ), then plot it on top of
the plot of the composite (the composite's plot will turn a purplish
color ). If you get a flat line then it was not plotted directly on top
of the composite's plot.
You can then right-click on the Breadth Thrust, select Breadth Thrust
Properties, go to the Horizontal Lines page and add horizontal lines  at
40 and 60. ))))

I think I now understand what you are having a problem with.  I added a
few words to the web instructions and reiterate them here.  When you
drag the plot of the composite into the chart of the advances, I suggest
you create an inner window for it.  Then, when you drop the Breath
Thrust formula on the composite plot (indicator) it is easy to see it
change colors and the Breath thrust plot will be in the window with the
composite and becomes quite obvious.

If you want to show all three plots in the same inner window, I suggest
you change the color of the composite so that it shows up since it will
likely be a very close plot to the advances itself.  Then when you drop
the Breath Thrust custom indicator be very careful that the composite
changes colors to purple.  The custom plot will become obvious (overlay
without scale).

I hope this helps.

Equis Support