Re: [amibroker] OT: Need technical advice with a Web page

I have a free open-source add-in that can grab that information for you.  The add-in, documentation on its functions, and sample templates can be found in the files area of this Yahoo group:

For example, one function allows you to grab table cells on a webpage.  I used this formula on the English version of that page to grab each element of the table:

=RCHGetTableCell("http://www.tse.or.jp/english/market/STATISTICS/e06.html",G$12,"bt_print.gif",,,,$F13)

...where G$12 is a cell I was referring to to tell it which column of the table to pick up and $F13 is a cell I was referring to to tell it which row of the table to pick up.  The "bt_print.gif" is just a string it searches for on the page to position itself before it starts looking for the nth table row on the page.  The end result, using row numbers from 1 to 34 and columns numbers from 1 to 4 for each row, was:

IndustryIndexChange
Fishery, Agriculture & Forestry444.57 -5.56-1.2%
Mining760.42-11.67 -1.5%
Construction783.39 -18.74-2.3%
Foods1176.344.5 0.4%
Textiles & Apparels779.08 -15.86-2.0%
Pulp & Paper603.31 -11.01-1.8%
Chemicals1331.15 -28.12-2.1%
Pharmaceutical2194.61 -21.49-1.0%
Oil & Coal Products1695.65 -36.23-2.1%
Rubber Products1926.38 -18.37-0.9%
Glass & Ceramics Products1532.06 -29.47-1.9%
Iron & Steel1507.31 -68.93-4.4%
Nonferrous Metals1460.79 -53.42-3.5%
Metal Products1259.51 -35.12-2.7%
Machinery1458.77 -41.78-2.8%
Electric Appliances2266.92 -30.03-1.3%
Transportation Equipments2918.27 -44.25-1.5%
Precision Instruments4237.37 -22.02-0.5%
Other Products2308.51 -18.67-0.8%
Electric Power & Gas1073.11 -25.66-2.3%
Land Transportation1662.61 -47.96-2.8%
Marine Transportation1261.05 -46.93-3.6%
Air Transportation613.28 -14.85-2.4%
Warehousing & Harbor Transportation Services1922.35 -49.39-2.5%
Information & Communication2139.74 -26.22-1.2%
Wholesale Trade1304.46 -44.48-3.3%
Retail Trade862.03 -9.65-1.1%
Banks378.7-5.31 -1.4%
Securities & Commodity Futures1012.61 -15.68-1.5%
Insurance1267.2 -21.75-1.7%
Other Financing Business989.71 -12.65-1.3%
Real Estate2201.35 -80.11-3.5%
Services1113.76 -7.75-0.7%

On 4/2/07, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At the following link:  (if you have a Japanese capable browser)
>
> http://www.tse.or.jp/market/STATISTICS/06.html
>
> you can find the 33 TSE industry groups, how they closed both the
> morning and afternoon sessions.
>
> For years, I have been quickly copying and pasting this data into a
> .csv file that I then import to AB.  I copy all four columns, then
> paste into Excel, then copy only the closing value column from inside
> Excel, and paste it over the other three columns. (Something about
> the table prevents copying of individual columns, but I easily put up
> with the tiny extra bit of work.)  This gives me a line chart in AB
> by the way, because OHLC are then the same.
>
> Over the weekend, however, they have apparently revamped this site. I
> can copy just like I used to, but when I paste, I am alerted by my
> firewall that my computer wants to connect, repeatedly, to some TSE
> computer (as well as to localhost).