Re: [amibroker] OT: Need technical advice with a Web page

Hi Howard,

The fiscal year ended in Japan (for most companies) on March 31.  So
there are a lot of changes that usually surprise us on April 1.  ^_^

For years, I have had no trouble copying this data and pasting it,
selecting a single cell in the file I want to copy to, getting a
four-column-wide copy, which I then quickly adjust to suit.  No
problems, until today.

But the TSE site was extensively redone over the weekend.  Tonight, I
cannot do as you say you can do (which baffles me, for sure).  I did
try the Paste-Special -> Text before posting my first note.  I get
all the rows that way, but no columns -- all four fields come out as
a single column, which then makes separation of the numerical data
(all I want) all but impossible.

Absolutely nothing new on the box.  This is a working box, not a toy,
so I don't tinker with anything unless I absolutely have to, and of
course I have a backup ready at all times in that case.

When I try the regular Paste command, that gets the job done, but
apparently it is calling the TSE for a .css file that puts some
special formatting in the Excel file, formatting that I discard
anyway, because I save as .csv, which will not accept certain types
of special formatting.

There are something in the neighborhood of TEN or ELEVEN connection
requests going out.  The first and third are definitely identified by
the firewall (Kerio Personal latest) as www.tse.or.jp.  They are both
HTTP (Port 80).  The rest are all localhost requests to okay port
1657. And Kerio pretty much stuffs my machine if I reject the
connection requests.  I have never, ever, come across anything like
this before.

I have found a workaround however ... and that is simply to "disable
all traffic" via the firewall, before pasting.  There is a delay of a
very few seconds, which I never had to put up with before, but
nothing hangs, as it does if I try to refuse each connection request
as it comes up from the firewall.

But I find it extremely strange that you can apparently do this
without needing to fight anything.  I suppose I could make a
permanent rule for these, but I'm wondering what the heck is going
on.

Best,

Yuki