[amibroker] Re: OT: Need technical advice with a Web page

Yes, you can safely ignore the warning box (click OK).

Can't help you re. the firewall. I do get the same firewall notice
and when I deny connection it still pastes indeed.

If you can write some VBA you could automate and speed up all your
copy/paste activities. Tha's what I do with various web data I
collect:

- save the webpage
- open in XL
- run my one-click macro to process/copy/paste anything anywhere I
want in the blink of an eye. You can also suppress any warning boxes
etc.

In case you're not familiar you can start with

Tools -> Macro -> Record New Macro

to record your routine and work from there. If these are daily
routines then that's definitely worth looking into.

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxx> wrote:

> That works, thanks.  Do you get a warning box after the file-open
> request complaining about two missing .css files?  I do, but the
file
> opens anyway, and I'm able to copy the one single column I want
> anyway to the clipbord, and paste it with no problems.
>
> Disadvantage:  The old way, I could paste directly into the target
> .csv file, then copy one column and paste it to four columns.  But
> with this method (from one htm file to the target .csv file) I
cannot
> paste all four columns at once, but first have to do one, then paste
> over the others.
>
> I still want to know why my clipboard is calling www.tse.or.jp for a
> paste command into an Excel .csv file.  I've been doing this with
> various sites for years, including sites where I had to use the
Paste
> Special - Text operation.  I've never had an outbound connection
> alert on something like this -- ever.
>
> Best,
>
> Yuki
>
> Monday, April 2, 2007, 9:20:34 PM, you wrote:
>

> t> It usually do this by saving the webpage (HTML only) and then
open
> t> the .htm file in excel. Works well also with your page, but you
need
> t> some cleaning up (row/column delete etc), you could run a simple
> t> macro for that.
>
> t> -treliff
>
> t> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Can someone explain to me exactly how they have (below) encoded a
> >> requirement for me to communicate with their computer to simply
> >> perform a copy operation from my clipboard to my application?  Is
> >> there any way around this?
> >>
> >> At the following link:  (if you have a Japanese capable browser)
> >>
> >> http://www.tse.or.jp/market/STATISTICS/06.html
> >>
> >> you can find the 33 TSE industry groups, how they closed both the
> >> morning and afternoon sessions.
> >>
> >> For years, I have been quickly copying and pasting this data
into a
> >> .csv file that I then import to AB.  I copy all four columns,
then
> >> paste into Excel, then copy only the closing value column from
> t> inside
> >> Excel, and paste it over the other three columns. (Something
about
> >> the table prevents copying of individual columns, but I easily
put
> t> up
> >> with the tiny extra bit of work.)  This gives me a line chart in
AB
> >> by the way, because OHLC are then the same.
> >>
> >> Over the weekend, however, they have apparently revamped this
site.
> t> I
> >> can copy just like I used to, but when I paste, I am alerted by
my
> >> firewall that my computer wants to connect, repeatedly, to some
TSE
> >> computer (as well as to localhost).
> >>
> >> Since I never had to do this before, I tried blocking it via the
> >> firewall, but it just freezes Excel if I do that.  Finally, I
> t> allowed
> >> it, and it works *almost* like before.
> >>
> >> I even tried e-mailing myself a copy of the page, but even though
> >> it's being opened as a temp file by my mail client, I still get
the
> >> pop ups from the firewall when I try to paste the data into
Excel.