Re: [RT] Re: Off Topic Registry Cleaners

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, 2:10:59 PM, styk2002 wrote:

s> I would recommend Norton System Works Pro.  It has made changes to
s> my registry with no problems.

I've found that Norton does OK in automatic mode on relatively
'unloaded' machines. However, if it is 'loaded' (hundreds of programs
installed; registry > about 3 megs) the auto mode can cause problems
large enough to prevent reboot. On loaded machines I ALWAYS run Norton
Regfix in manual mode, and carefully at that. And ALWAYS back up the
registry before making any changes. I think trading computers do best
when dedicated to only that function.

<snip some other good suggestions>

ztrader