Re: [RT] Per share pricing

Dear Kate,

  Actually, what's more important than number of representatives handling trade support is the ratio of reps to traders.  MBTrading, for example, is known as having some of the best support in the industry, yet I believe they only have 10 reps or so total.  IB (I'm guessing here) may not be much more than that, but for the number of accounts they have, ..., you get the idea.  If something goes wrong with an ECN route, everyone down on software, when NASDAQ's quotes/executions were all screwy FROM NASDAQ, etc, no firm will be able to handle everything coming in.  In that case, the only way around that will be a second account elsewhere -- ASSUMING you know what you're position is!  (sometimes, you have a stuck order and you don't know if it'll be a fill or not).  About the best you can find is a firm dedicated to being able to answer the phone almost immediately 95% of the time, and will add more knowledgeable reps as soon as required as their business expands.

Regards,
Alex

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout