[RT] Outlook and the lack of it

Ztrader, your wrote:

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:23:30 -0800
From: ztrader <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: virus strategy
On Wednesday, December 05, 2001, 6:38:28 AM, chrischeatham wrote:
c> The number of virus files I get from newsgroup memberships has
become
c> astouning.......

Use a secure, non-M$ program such as TheBat! Every day some hacker
finds a new way to infect Outlook. You have to then download the
patch-of-the-day from M$. Even then, it is just a matter of days
until
it happens again. There is a MUCH better way to avoid the virusware
from M$ - don't use it. :-)
ztrader

You offer very good advice, but just
like most traders lose, most will not take your advice.   Being
with the crowd, even when a loser, is more comfortable for
many.
I use a free version of Eudora, not because it is better than Outlook
(although I feel it is) but because it is not Outlook and so is
not subject to so many series of attacks.   There are many
other free email clients to select from.
A problem avoided is a lot of time and trouble saved - leaving more time
for learning.
But some traders are in learning mode and some are not.
Outlook users are not in learning mode - or if they are, they have not
developed their perceptions to the point where the obvious is
noticed.    Most traders look but do not see.
I know I am blind, but I am beginning to learn how to
see.    The more I see, the more I realise I have been
blind.
Users continuing to use Outlook are telling you they do not
look out for themselves (sorry about the pun) as they are
effectively both blind and dumb.    So if I was in to
predicting, which I am not, using Outlook would be a good indicator or a
trader unlikely to be in the class of long-term
winner.
This is because to be a long term winner, both your perceptions have to
be good and your interpretations of your perceptions need to be turned
into effective action.    Outlook users are telling you
that their process is failing in one or more of the perception,
interpretation or action steps.
Regards, Ric
www.traderscalm.com