[RT] Re: TradeStation -----Dynamic Data Exchange

I used to use Omnicom, but rearranged things and don't anymore.  DDE
is not great for market data, esp. high volume stuff like eminis.
Why not just use esignal?  They are the only US 2000i feed that has
FX I believe.

The FX elements of 2000i are screwed up too.  I forget all the
particulars, but as I recall daily charts don't update real time; You
can do a daily HLC bid or ask chart, but you can't import historical
data. And you can only chart intraday bid or ask, not the midpoint.
This means that the data will be volatile as some contributors have
really wide b-a spreads.  I was a beta tester and told them about all
of this years ago and they never fixed.

Personally, I went back to ts4 and futuresource.  Not perfect but
much better for fx than 2000i.

Chris

--- In realtraders@xxxx, russell@xxxx wrote:
> Does anyone use a signal emulator from www.traders-soft.com that
> translates dynamic data into a signal that TS2000 can use?
> The advantage of this approach seems to be that a user could obtain
> data from any source that provides data in the DDE format and
> supposedly more and more providers are doing this. Which brings me
> my next question:  Any recommendations for the data source?
Really,
> the minis are all need now, but would like to be able to add Forex
in
> the future.
> Would appreciate any input-----------Russell

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95