Re: [RT] Layoff's continue to increase

Actually I'm been amazed at all the brand new Mercedes all the moms
are driving around in lately.  I'm assuming they're zero percent
financed or mortgage refi cashouts.  If you haven't lost your job,
you got alot of extra cash in your pocket with these low rates and
store mark-downs.

--- In realtraders@xxxx, bruce.larson@xxxx wrote:
> I've been reading about massive corporate lay-offs esp associated
> with banking mergers for the past 5 years.  Seemed everyone just
got
> a big fat severance package and turned around and got another job
for
> more money.  Otherwise they got rehired as consultants for better
> pay.  I suppose the payrolls and claims data are confirming the
> negative news reports for the past several months.  But on the
other
> hand, a 5.4% unemployment rate is far below the previous 6%
standard
> of NAIRU(non-accelerating inflationary rate of unemployemnt)
commonly
> accepted in the early 90s.  I, for one, don't personally know
anyone
> who is out of a job.  Aside from some furniture chain store
closures,
> I really don't see much evidence of a slowdown out here in southern
> California...yet.
>

> --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Norman Winski" <nwinski@xxxx> wrote:
> > Me,
> >
> >    I am forecasting a better than expected holiday shopping
> season.  The US
> > economiy bottomed last week. You will hear about it in February.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Norman

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!