Re: [RT] Layoff's continue to increase

I've been reading about massive corporate lay-offs esp associated
with banking mergers for the past 5 years.  Seemed everyone just got
a big fat severance package and turned around and got another job for
more money.  Otherwise they got rehired as consultants for better
pay.  I suppose the payrolls and claims data are confirming the
negative news reports for the past several months.  But on the other
hand, a 5.4% unemployment rate is far below the previous 6% standard
of NAIRU(non-accelerating inflationary rate of unemployemnt) commonly
accepted in the early 90s.  I, for one, don't personally know anyone
who is out of a job.  Aside from some furniture chain store closures,
I really don't see much evidence of a slowdown out here in southern
California...yet.