RE: [RT] Monitors & dpi

I'm
using 1024 X 768 because I can still see it without my glasses on my two 19"
monitors.  No static on
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>cordless phone and at 53 years old it is too late to get a brain
tumor.  I have Trinitrons but most decent monitors
have
some protection.  No headaches.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>JImmy

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Howard Hopkins
  [mailto:hehohop@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 9:25
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT] Monitors
  & dpiRT's,Let me preface my questions
  with the reasons for asking them.  I have two 19" monitors and was
  using 800x600 dpi.  I went up to 1024x768 dpi to get more data on my
  screens.  When I did this I noticed an immediate increase in the
  static on my cordless phone.  When I switched back to 800x600 dpi the
  static instantly disappeared.  I'd like to continue to use the
  1024x768 setting but have some concerns about the 'power surge' coming
  from my screen.In one of her recent newletters trading coach
  Adreinne Togharie mentioned the harmful effects of monitor
  emmission.  She had actually listed a website that had products to
  neutralize the harmful effects of these emissions.My questions for
  everyone:1) What is the common dpi setting for traders that sit in
  front of the screen all day?  (I swear I get a headache very quickly
  with the higher dpi)?\2)  Is there actual evidence that these
  monitor emissions are harmful? If so, how are they
  harmful?3)  Is anyone familiar with the website Adrienne
  mentioned and/or do you have any experience with products that reduce the
  harmful effects of monitors.Thanks for your help,Howard, a guy
  worried about brain tumors
  your FREE download of MSN Explorer at <A
  href="http://explorer.msn.com";>http://explorer.msn.comTo
  to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

eGroups Sponsor