  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 12:21
  PM
  Subject: [RT] Psychology of Technical
  Analysis
  A book called "The Psychology of Technical Analysis" by
  Plummer provides a good discussion of the propaganda war wagged by bulls
  and bears which we are witnessing below.  Plummer notes that bulls
  and bears argue their cases until, at turning points, the majority of one
  side or the other has to say "I give up, I was wrong" and a new trend
  begins.Plummer also tries to tie mass psychology to the Fibonacci
  sequence and Elliot Wave.  Though it is not perfect, Plummer's book
  provides the best theoretical justifcation for the effectiveness of
  Fibonacci and Elliot Wave that I have seen.  The book is worth a read
  if you haven't seen it.Dan>From: "James Taylor"
  <jptaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>Reply-To:
  realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>>Subject: Re: [RT] Re: The Reason for
  Nasdaq's Temporary Bounce>Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:35:55
  -0800>>I wouldn't go so far as to say a bull market is forming,
  far from it.>>The lemmings that got their lunch eaten by this
  last decline are wiped-out,>and it will take a hell of a long time for
  the next batch to amass enough>money>to form another bull
  market.>>We are at best, in a bear market up leg.  I
  wouldn't get to excited about>it, unless you>are a bear and are
  waiting to pounce on the next inflection
  point.>>JT>>>----- Original Message
  ----->From: "Carl Vanhaesendonck"
  <carl.vanhaesendonck@xxxxxxxxxx>>To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>>Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 2:48
  AM>Subject: [RT] Re: The Reason for Nasdaq's Temporary
  Bounce>>> > Just one comment, I made the following
  observation re Nasdaq and> > Volume:> > The last months
  were characterized by an inverted volume behavior> > (increase in
  volume when prices decreased, and decrease in volume> > when prices
  rised. From the 1st trading day this year, this has> > changed: the
  volume increased increased and decreased in synch with> > price,
  which would suggest a bull market is emerging.> >> > With
  most indicators, like MACD, there has been not one, not 2, but a> >
  triple bullish divergence, which is quite rare and also could> >
  indicate the down-up trend reversal has already started.> >>
  > We will see...> >> > Carl> >>
  >> > --- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, DH <catapult@xxxx>
  wrote:> > > > For me the evidence is building that we have a
  significant bottom> > at least> > > > as good as
  fall 1999.> > >> > > Further evidence, David Tice
  was a holiday guest host on CNBC today> > and> > > was
  answering questions from little old ladies in investment clubs> >
  about> > > how to short stocks. :-)> > >>
  > > --> > >   Dennis> >>
  >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:>
  > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx> >> >>

eGroups Sponsor