Re: [RT] Re: Breadth data

Bob, Same thing happened to me - Getting shut down on New Years.  It took them two days to get it all right.  It seem they enable it the box - supposedly to what you are paying for, and then you have to call back and tell them it is not all working .  They usually get it right the second time.  The gripe I have is they do not send out transaction volume for each tick in the electronic futures markets.  Example SP mini.  They strongly stated it was not coming from the CME.  I ended up speaking with a friend who has BMI and they had it, then I spoke with the CME data vendor support person and she sated they send it.  Finally after this and three more calls to DTN, they got to their 'market data analyst' (?) and  they used a Reuters screen and confirmed it was there.  They are 'looking into what is wrong.  Don estimated fix date. They have good data and lots of it, once they get things right. Just my two cents. John At 03:20 PM 1/9/2001, you wrote: Yep, "not on the agenda", "no time frame for completion", last week with a dtn tech when I was finding out why my D8080 was not receiving data after New Years, something about an enabling code.    bobR   ----- Original Message ----- From: Jimmy To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 12:11 PM Subject: RE: [RT] Re: Breadth data Not on their agenda!  I hadn't heard that one.  I just put up their new dish with the understanding the new satellite would have this data because of the bandwidth and the new tick plant.   Jimmy   -----Original Message----- From: BobR [mailto:bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 2:03 PM To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [RT] Re: Breadth data I hope they soon get the message of what subscribers need.  Cancelling subscriptions and returning hardware is the best way to do it.  Over the last year prior to subscribing and times afterwards I have had both assurances and denials about this issue from their sales and tech people.  The holdups were decimalization, then the new satellite, then building their own tickerplant.  Now what is the reason for the holdup?  Its not on their agenda from my last call a week ago.    BobR ----- Original Message ----- From: Jimmy To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 11:50 AM Subject: RE: [RT] Re: Breadth data I'm going to email and write these idiots once more and then I'm shipping all their stuff back.   Jimmy   -----Original Message----- From: BobR [mailto:bobrabcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 1:49 PM To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx; realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx; code-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [RT] Re: Breadth data Suggestion:  whatever feed you are using, especially DTN satellite, then on your next monthly payment and all future ones, take a moment to do a write in feedback/request expressing displeasure about the lack of individual breadth symbols so that the Omega Global Server can acquire the data.  State that renewal of the subscription may be dependant on DTN's inclination towards listening and responding to subscribers' requests.  There is absolutely no acceptable reason why any data feed does not have this data. BobR To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx eGroups Sponsor Click here to subscribe. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx eGroups Sponsor To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx