[RT] KAK Virus and attachments

RTers,

It appears the Kak virus has struck yet again and apparently has
already been eliminated by the poster causing the infection.

I would urge all RT members to be considerate of the other members
and make sure their machines are kept clean of viruses that can be
passed on to everyone.

For those who would like to clean their machines of the KAK virus,
there are many links that can be found by a search engine like
Altavista or Google or others.

Addressing the other issue as to file attachments, it would be
inappropriate to send an EXE attachment to members regardless of the
size of the file.

Attachments that are around 40-50K are welcomed. Graphics should be
captured in the smallest format (JPG, GIF, etc.), and BMP formats
should not be used at all. If there are any files or documents larger
than that, the Egroups FILES area can be used in order to upload a
file and inform the members as such. Then, anyone interested can
simply download the file from the library instead of having it sent
to all members.

Abuse of the virus policy in the future will result in the author
being denied posting access until we have been assured that the mail
will be posted clean. A second violation will result in removal from
the RT group.

Same goes for the attachments. First offenders will get a warning,
second violations will result in the member being denied posting
access.

Please continue to be considerate of our members and their time and
efforts in these areas.

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

George Limberg
RT Moderator