Re: [RT] Re:VIRUS ALERT Block messages

Even though MSN *is* Outlook Express, I fail to see how the tcp connection
could identify what mail client a customer is using and even if it could,
to block a popular client without cause, would be restriction of trade for
which Micro Soft is hardly unaware of what the ramifications are for such
action.  If there is some reason to not use Eudora, (and I doubt there is),
I would look into Pine as the second best alternative.

Bob

At 05:21 PM 12/9/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I agree (on getting Eudora), but be warned I've run across a couple of
>ISP's that only support Outlook Express.
>
>So far: MSN and DellNet
>
>For this reason, I avoid them both.
>
>Disclaimer: at least when I tried running Eudora on these ISPs I had
>trouble (though I've been using it on several ISPs over the years) and when
>I dug into tech support, they said I had to use Outlook Express.  This was
>during the last 12 months.
>
>At 05:15 PM 12/3/2000 -0800, Bob wrote:
> >I would urge people to get Eudora from their web site.  It's free, it's
> >superior to Outlook Express and it's far safer.  In fact, I have never
> >heard of an exploit problem with their program.  Of course, you never open
> >any attachment that you are unsure of in terms of what it is or who it's
> >from but Outlook is full of holes and more are found faster than MS can
> >plug the old ones.
> >
> >Bob
> >
> >oh.. http://eudora.com
> >

> >At 03:56 PM 12/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:
> > >I agree with this approach -- they should be blocked -- at least for 2
> or 3
> > >months. I have gone into the tools section of outlook express and have
> > >blocked all messages from agarg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  and also from its owner
> > >Ashok Garg. I suggest you may also want to take similar action.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/152424/_/976428554/